Link to all event photos:

Event Over

Update December 2020

Hello to All our Skippers, Competitors, Support Crew, Sponsors and Suppliers.

From all of us on the team, we sincerely hope that you are well and those that have had the virus are recovered, we look forward to seeing you all at the event

As we are approaching Christmas,  and have held our 2nd On-Line  Committee meeting for the preparation of next years event. We felt it important to give some information as to what has been going on during the period of restrictions and lockdowns. 

When we made the decision to move the 2020 Challenge in May to 2021 we were unsure at that time if we could have held the event in September. We now know how right we were to move it directly to 2021.  With just 6 months now until our scheduled 2021 Challenge, we have found ourselves discussing a Plan C.  The possibility of moving the event to September  and/ or the possibility of restricting boat crewing numbers to 6. 

These are just possibilities , but ones that we must consider and so at the moment we are looking at dates in September as well as talking to our venues with regard to safe practices that we may enforce. 

With the vaccine beginning to filter through to all of us, and the hope of the virus beginning to reduce, we know that it will still be around and may never leave us. So we have decided to make any further decisions and announcements at the end of January start of February when we may have more information available to us. 

Please be assured that the safety of all our partaking crews and support is paramount. 

In the New Year, we will be sending out an account of payments to each team, reminding them of payments made and payments due. 

In the meantime, Can I wish all of our Challenge Associates and their families a very Happy Christmas albeit restricted and a much Better New Year.   

Best Wishes   

Mick Norman and all the Committee 

Posted December 07, 2020 in: Uncategorized by Pip Dwyer